Cell Sorting Chips
Accurate and high-throughput cell sorting is a vital enabling technology in molecular and cell biology, biotechnology, and medicine. The advances in microfluidic technology have enabled the realization of miniaturized devices that provide similar functions using multiple physical principles. Compared with traditional methods, cell sorting on microchips offers many advantages by reducing the size of necessary equipment, eliminating potentially biohazardous aerosols, and simplifying the complex procedures usually associated with cell sorting. In addition, microchip devices are very suitable for parallelization, thereby realizing complete lab-on-a-chip equipment for cell separation, analysis, and experimental processing.
Fig.1 Droplet-based microreactor and cell sorter using DEP. Cells expressing and secreting a target antibody (depicted in grey) and cells not expressing a target antibody (depicted in orange) are encapsulated in droplets with a fluorescent detection antibody, incubated off-chip to permit the production of secretion antibodies, and sorted according to the increased fluorescence signal from the localized packing of detection antibodies on the surface of the bead covered with capture and secretion antibodies. (Shields IV C. W, et al. 2015)
Alfa Chemistry provides customers with cell sorting chip customization services. Our cell sorting chips can separate cells, analyze them, and choose to sort and collect related cells. All of our chips can be visualized on a standard microscope, and fluids can be introduced through a syringe pump that shows very low pulsation.
About Alfa Chemistry's Cell Sorting Chips
Alfa Chemistry's microfluidic experts can meet your various needs for cell sorting chips. We can customize microfluidic chips according to your needs.
- Our cell sorting chip can sort cells gently, with a sorting force of<2 psi, suitable for T cells, B cells, CHO cells, iPSC cells, nerve cells, nuclei, peripheral blood mononuclear cells, protoplasts, yeast, bacteria and other cells.
- Our cell sorting chip uses cell stock sorting, and a cell growth medium is recommended.
- After cell sorting, cell viability and monoclonal growth rate are high.
- Cell purity after sorting is greater than 99%.
- The single growth rate of CRISPR-edited iPS cells is greater than 15 holes.
- Distance between micro channels: 4.5 mm or 9mm
- Are there accessories: yes
Please contact us for more information.
Applications of Our Cell Sorting Chips
The following are a few of our unique applications using cell sorting chips. We have users in various fields of research.
- Stem cell research: It can sort iPSC, iPSC-derived cells, and stem cells without damaging the cells.
- Rare cell sorting: Using our multi-step sorting technology can effectively collect rare cells (<0.01%).
- Cell culturing: Using our gentle sorting technique, researchers have observed that the collected cells have higher cell viability and growth rate.
- Cell populations and organisms: Cell clusters such as pellets and organoids with a diameter of not more than 150 μm can be sorted while keeping the shape intact.
- Shields IV C. W, et al. (2015). "Microfluidic Cell Sorting: A Review of the Advances in the Separation of Cells from Debulking to Rare Cell Isolation." Lab Chip. 15(5): 1230-1249.
Our products and services are for research use only.