Drug Screening Chips
The key to drug screening is to select suitable targets and improve screening efficiency. As a highly integrated analysis method, microfluidic chip technology is very consistent with these two standards and can analyze thousands of genes at the same time to accelerate the process of new drug development. More and more drug researchers choose to combine microfluidic chip technology with drug screening to greatly improve screening efficiency and more precise target selection.
Figure 1. Microfluidic technologies for drug discovery. (A) Two concentration gradient generators on a microfluidic chip. (B) Single-cell arrays on a microfluidic chip. (C) Reconstituted cell–cell coculture conditions in microfluidic systems for in vitro evaluation. (D) 3D organ-on-chip produces a natural microenvironment for in vivo evaluation. (Liu X. Y, et al. 2019)
Alfa Chemistry has designed different drug screening chips to meet your needs for completing drug screening experiments under different conditions. We choose PDMS with high transparency, elasticity, air permeability, good chemical inertness, and strong repeatability as the chip material.
Please contact us for more information.
About Alfa Chemistry's Drug Screening Chips
We provide you with 4 drug screening chips: general drug screening chips, 8-hole drug screening chips, multi-channel drug screening chips, and PDMS drug screening chips to support your drug screening research. We also can customize microfluidic chips according to your needs.
Manufacturing standard deviation:
- Channel height: △h =±5% of channel height
- Height characteristic accuracy: ±5% of channel height
- Verticality of the side wall of the channel: ±3°
- Depth: 50um
- Width: 50, 100, 150, 200 um optional
- Blank slides: PDMS and glass slides are available
- Chip thickness: flow channel layer 3-5mm, blank layer (PDMS 3-4 mm, glass 0.17, 0.55, 1 mm optional)
|General Drug Screening Chips||Specifications: The width and depth of the pipe are both 200 μm|
|Are there accessories: None|
|Usage: Use a syringe or pipette to inject liquid|
|8-Holes Drug Screening Chips||Specifications: Both the width and depth of the pipe are 40 μm|
|Usage: use syringe or pipette to inject fluid|
|Multi-channel Drug Screening Chips||Specifications: Both the width and depth of the pipe are 100μm|
|PDMS Drug Screening Chips||Specifications: Both the width and depth of the pipe are 200μm|
Our product advantages include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reliable sealing
- High connection density
- Good microscope access
- Thin glass slide option
- Ability to connect and disconnect quickly
- Able to adapt to the height of various PDMS devices
- No need to punch holes in PDMS to get liquid
- It can be used to directly screen specific gene libraries to find drug targets.
- It can be used to compare the changes in tissue cell gene expression before and after drug treatment and can provide a lot of valuable information.
- It can be used to compare the expression changes of thousands of genes in normal tissue cells and diseased tissue cells, so as to find a group of disease-related genes as targets for drug selection.
- It can be used to identify pathogens. Not only can it detect multiple viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms at once, but it can also isolate different strains and subtypes, which is conducive to scientific research and clinical treatment.
- Liu X. Y, et al. (2019). “Cell-Based Assays on Microfluidics for Drug Screening.” ACS Sensors. 4(6): 1465-1475.
Our products and services are for research use only.